Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering programme will develop the skills and knowledge needed to gain employment in Civil Engineering related industries where the application of analytical, industrial laboratory and/or fieldwork skills is required. Upon completion of this qualification the student will have fulfilled the academic requirements for registration as an engineering technician. This programme also serves as an entrance requirement for degree studies in Civil Engineering.
This programme has good employment prospect within and outside Malaysia. Generally graduates may either opt to further their studies at degree level or seek employment as engineer supervisors working for contractors, consulting engineer, architect or even local authority in management roles within the construction industry, property management and consultancy industries.
Students are also expected to participate in group projects as part of the common skills required for achieving the award.
KP/JPS (KR 10357) 07/14
3 years; 9 semesters
60% examination, 40% coursework
The main intakes are conducted in December (Short semester), March (Long semester) and July (Long semester) of each year.
Any one of the following qualifications:
- Pass SPM / SPMV / GCE ‘O’ Level or its equivalent with at least credits in THREE (3) subjects, including Mathematics and ONE (1) relevant Science / Technical / Vocational subject AND pass in English;
- Pass SMIII (UEC) with 3Bs including Mathematics and any 1 Science subject;
- Pass relevant Certificate programme in Engineering from Polytechnics*;
- Pass relevant Certificate programme from in Engineering from recognized institutions*;
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical / Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme*;
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government*;
MOHE : Ministry of Higher Education
MQA : Malaysian Qualifications Agency
PHEI : Private Higher Education Institutions
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): minimum score of 550 (PBT) or 213 (CBT) or 79 – 80 (iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum overall Band 6.
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) : minimum Band 6.
The test must be taken no more than two years before the start of your studies at Legenda.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
- Civil Engineering Brochure
- Malaysian Student Admission Form
- International Student Admission Information
- International Student Admission Form
You will need the Adobe Reader in order to view or print the applications.
If you do not have the reader, click the “Get Adobe Reader” button for a free download.