Diploma in Quantity Surveying
Diploma in Quantity Surveying programme is considered as a specialist occupation programme and offers students’ the opportunity to gain skills and qualifications necessary to become a technical Quantity Surveyor. Skills taught include: analysing drawings and specifications,labour and material utilisation, quantifying and scheduling, administration of estimates, pricing of trades, preparing tenders, managing progress payments, and preparation of the final account. Here students will also learn about all types of construction, building services, materials and environment, building law and contract administration, and programming.
This programme has good employment prospect within and outside Malaysia. Generally graduates may either opt to further their studies at degree level or seek employment as QS supervisors working for contractors, consulting engineer, architect or even local authority in management roles within the construction, property management and consultancy industries.
Students are also expected to participate in group projects as part of the common skills required towards achieving the award.
KP/JPS (R/526/4/0001) 02/16
3 years; 9 semesters
60% examination, 40% coursework
The main intakes are conducted in December (Short semester), March (Long semester) and July (Long semester) of each year.
Any one of the following qualifications:
- Pass SPM / SPMV with 3 credits or pass SMIII (UEC) / GCE ‘O’ Level;
- Pass Certificate from Polytechnics or other PHEI*;
- Pass Certificate programme from PHEI with Standard Minimum certified*;
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government*;
MOHE : Ministry of Higher Education
MQA : Malaysian Qualifications Agency
PHEI : Private Higher Education Institutions
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): minimum score of 550 (PBT) or 213 (CBT) or 79 – 80 (iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum overall Band 6.
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) : minimum Band 6.
The test must be taken no more than two years before the start of your studies at Legenda.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
- Built Environment Brochure
- Malaysian Student Admission Form
- International Student Admission Information
- International Student Admission Form
You will need the Adobe Reader in order to view or print the applications.
If you do not have the reader, click the “Get Adobe Reader” button for a free download.